What comes to mind when you think of the most versatile item in your closet? Maybe a simple white t-shirt, the perfect pair of worn-in jeans, or a classic fitted blazer. While yes, these are all items every closet should have, it’s time to look past the basics, and welcome a new staple this season: the pinafore dress. It’s the perfect low-maintenance piece to resurrect in these early transitioning fall days, and lends itself to an array of super put together outfit options. I’ve rounded up my top 5 pinafore dresses below and how to wear them. I think you will be pleasantly surprised by just how many pieces that you already own can be given new life, have a look!
1. This Boohoo dress (pictured above) combines suede and embroidery, need I say more? I chose to wear this with a simple shirt underneath to keep the focus on the details of the dress.
2. I have been loving all things navy lately, which is why this navy corduroy H&M pinafore makes the list – the retro looking buttons give it a nice touch as well.
3. I love this half-pinafore (I don’t think that’s the correct term, but I’m going with it anyways). Embrace a dose of femininity and style it with a pussy-bow blouse for a polished, but not stuffy kind of look.
4. I couldn’t leave out the classic denim pinafore. Make it work for cooler days by pairing it with a heavier knit turtleneck sweater, and don’t forget about keeping those legs warm – slip on a pair of knee-high boots to complete the look.
5. The luxe fabric of this bordeaux-hued pinafore would be the perfect complement to a high-neck ruffled blouse.
I hope this gives you an idea of just how versatile the pinafore dress is!
Until next time,